LRCB Breast Cancer Screening for Radiologists
The Dutch Expert Centre for Screening (LRCB) is a knowledge driven organization that aims for optimal medical and physico-technical quality of screening programmes. Our experts both supervise and contribute. The LRCB controls and optimizes screening programs and skills of professionals through knowledge and training. In this way the LRCB continuously improves the quality of early detection and diagnosis, of breast cancer and tuberculosis.
The LRCB organises international courses in Breast Cancer Screening in cooperation with the EUSOBI.
During these highly interactive small-scale courses screening radiologists or radiologists with an interest in screening have the opportunity to update their knowledge and develop their mammography reading skills. Hands-on sessions play an important role, in which participants individually read screening examinations. Each reading session will be followed by an interactive discussion with the trainer and other participants. Guided by experts in the field of breast cancer screening, participants receive individual feedback on their reading skills during the course.
Furthermore, the programmes will incorporate a series of lectures by several experts in the field of radiology, pathology, breast positioning, epidemiology and physico-technical aspects of digital breast cancer screening.
The LRCB offers two different courses:
- Breast Cancer Screening Course
- Advanced Breast Cancer Screening (introduced in 2019)
At the end of both courses, the registered participants receive a certificate of attendance and 30 CME credits.
Breast Cancer Screening Course
June 17-21, 2019
- You are a radiologist (screening, clinical, fellowship or resident) familiar with breast diagnostics.
- You have less than 5 years of experience as a breast (screening) radiologist.
- You are able to communicate in English.
On completion of this course, participants are able to act as radiologist in a screening situation in such a way that they ensure the correct balance between detection, specificity and the associated efforts and costs.
- To explain the procedures and state of affairs with regards to screening.
- To decide whether a mammogram can be evaluated based on the positioning technique and (physico-technical) image quality.
- To refer clients and assign BI-RADS status according to professional standards.
- To name and understand the impact and added value of important developments in the field of breast cancer screening.
Advanced Breast Cancer Screening Course
November 18-22, 2019
- You are a radiologist familiar with breast diagnostics.
- You have participated in the LRCB/ EUSOBI breast cancer screening course OR you have at least 5 years of experience in breast cancer screening.
- You are able to communicate in English.
We aim for participants to improve their screening performance, regarding detection and recall. The focus will be on hands-on training. A specific part of the hands-on training are the thematic training sets. These sets consist of difficult cases of one type of lesion, such as calcifications and architectural distortions. These will help the participant to gain more confidence in interpretation of these kind of lesions.
- Interpretation of difficult cases, in order to improve screening performance and confidence in your decisions.
- Practice on mammography reading with thematic training sets, in order to recognize patterns of typical lesions.
- In-depth relevant knowledge such as positioning technique and physico-technical image quality and new developments in the field of breast cancer screening.
EUSOBI Member: € 1.250,00*
Non Member: € 1.350,00*
* Kindly note that the fee includes lunch for 5 days, but do not cover travel and accommodation expenses.
We are sorry…
..the Advanced Breast Cancer Screening Course is already fully booked. To apply for a place on the waiting list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both courses are limited to a maximum of 20 participants. In case of insufficient registrations (less than 8), the LRCB has the right to cancel the course until 5 weeks prior to the course. Please keep this in mind for your travel arrangements. Kindly note that places are offered upon ‘first-come, first-served basis’. If the course is fully booked, we will put your name on the waiting list and contact you in case of availability.
A cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the course will not result in a refund.
6538 SW Nijmegen